Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I want to put dots in between some path string. Is there any method for that using Qt and C++ ?

I have requirement for making the text visible in some area.


The text is foler path. But if text increases the space is not available for that. So I want to place dots in between the path string.





ex:


E:\backup\My Share\MATERIAL\vc++books\QtProgramming\e...





I want to show this as


E:\backup\My Share\...\area_earthweb





I am using C++ and Qt. The path is QString or QLabel.





I did manually by caluclating every thing to put dots in between, but I want to know whether is there any other way to do that.

I want to put dots in between some path string. Is there any method for that using Qt and C++ ?
I haven't used the QT API before, but couldn't you use something like the QScrollArea class instead?





That way, they'd be able to see the whole path.


Otherwise, do what you said ... make sure that the text would be visible within the control's boundaries programmatically.

tropical flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment