Monday, July 27, 2009

How do I create my own Instant Messenger Program using C++?

I wish to know how to create my own Instant Messenger Program using C++. I haven't got a clue as to how to do any programming, so I need to start from the beggining. If at all possible, I'd like the source code and I can modify from there.

How do I create my own Instant Messenger Program using C++?
You could download the sources for GAIM which are written in C and update them to C++ and modify them for your use.
Reply:try looking into sockets and that library. when you have a simple TCP/IP client server running you will begin to understand the complexities. Java has a class that you can expand into a simple one, but there are a lot of quirks that have to be handled in a pro job


No comments:

Post a Comment